Key Points

10 Ways To Introduce How To Stop Overthinking And Negative Thoughts

Overthinking doesn’t sound so wrong so that means on the surface thinking is good, but Overthinking can cause problems. As per my opinion, we can’t stop our thoughts but surely can control it. So here is the question that what should we do for controlling our thoughts which actually have useless.

As per one survey there are 10% of life is really what happen to us and 90% is what we react on the situation as like here 10% thoughts are actually what should required and remaining 90% are useless or have no required. So, here we are going to discuss about how we can control or remove useless thoughts from our mind and live peaceful life. Here is 10 simple ideas to help over thinkers stop spinning their wheels.

How to stop overthinking and negative thoughts
How to stop overthinking and negative thoughts

10 ways to stop overthinking | Overthinking permanent solution

#1/ Awareness is the Origin of Change:

Here you can begin to address or cope with your habit of overthinking for that you have need to learn to be aware of it when it’s falling. Any time you find yourself wondering or feeling stressed or worried, step back and look at the situation and how you’re responding. In that moment of awareness is the seed of the silver you want to make.

#2/ Think What Can go Right:

In many cases, overthinking is produced by a single emotion fear. When you focus on all the cold things that might happen, it’s easy to become paralyzed.

Next time you sense that you starting to spiral in that direction stop. Imagine all the items that can go right and keep those thoughts present and up front.

#3/ Distract Yourself From Happiness:

Sometimes it’s helpful to have a way to entertain yourself with happy, positive, healthy alternatives. Things like mediation, dancing, exercise, learning an instrument, knitting, drawing, and painting can distance you from the issues quite to shut down the over analysis.

#4/ Put Things Into Perspective:

It’s always easy to make things larger and more negative than they need to be. The next time you catch yourself making a mount out of a molehill, ask yourself how much it will matter in five years or for that matter, next month. Just this stupid question, changing up the time frame, can help shut down overthinking.

#5/ Stop Waiting For Perfection:

This is a big one. For all of us who are serving for perfection, we can stop waiting right now. Being ambitious is great but aiming for perfection is unrealistic, impractical, and debilitating.

The moment you start thinking “This needs to be perfect” is the moment you need to remind yourself, “Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.”

#6/ Change Your View of Fear:

If you’re worried about you’ve failed in the past, you’re afraid of trying or over generalizing some other mess than remember that just because things did not work out before does not mean that has to be the outcome every time. Remember, every opportunity is a new beginning, a place to start a new.

#7/ Put a Timer to Work Give Yourself a Boundary:

Set a timer for five minutes and open yourself that time to think, suffer, and analyze. Once the timer goes off then spends 10 minutes with a pen and paper, recording down all the things that are worrying you, stressing you, or giving you anxiety.

Let it rip, when the 10 minutes is up than throw the paper out and move on–preferably to something fun.

#8/ Realize You Can’t Predict the Future:

No one can predict the future; all we have is now. If you spend the present moment worrying about the future, you are stripping yourself of your time now.

Spending time in the future is simply not productive. Spend that time preferably of things that give you joy.

#9/ Accept You Are The Best:

The fear that grounds overthinking is often based on feeling that you aren’t good enough not smart enough or hardworking enough or dedicated enough.

Once you’ve given an undertaking your best then accept it and Know that while success may depend in part on some things you can’t measure, you’ve done what you could do.

#10/ Be Grateful:

At the same time you can’t have a regretful decision and a grateful thought then we must spend our time for positive thoughts. Every morning and every evening make a list of what you are grateful for. Then get a gratitude buddy and swap lists so you have a witness to the good things that are around you.


This 10 ideas are must work if you follow it seriously, yes it may take some time to get results but never the less it will gives you the great results. Hopefully friends, after read above tips and tricks to stop overthinking, its helps you to improve your thinking power and concentration of mind. If you find any query than must comment below and also share your thoughts regarding how to stop overthinking.


Read More: